Sheffield Park looking stunning. Especially the acers, and especially standing under the canopies with a glow of red above your head. Or yellow. Or pink. 🙂
Another year – time to put some bulbs in :). I’ve put most of them into the garden to bulk up the solitary daffodil from last year! Bulbs are so easy – I love the way the bulbs are the promise for next year’s spring, and the return of the light after the dark wintery days.
So I’ve planted:
- Snowdrops (in the green, in the spring)
- Summer Snowflakes (a tall snow drop like plant)
- Grape Hyacinths – Siberian Tiger (a white one), Latifolium (shades of blue) & Azureum (frilly at the bottom) plus some others already in pots though I’ve forgotten the names 😉
- Lots of mixed daffs plus Rip van Winkle (my favourite narcissus) and Minnow
- Painted Lady Iris
- Glory of the Snow – what a great name!
- Jeanne D’Arc Crocus – mmm maybe I need more crocuses….
And these alliums: Cristophii, Cernuum, Cameleon, Gladiator (just 3 – so expensive!!!) and Purple Sensation
Oh and some Spraxia – a lovely orange colour.
Finally go the key to the allotment. The previous occupier has cleared and rotavated (thanks!). Not too sure about the weed killer but too late to protest.
Anyway. Here it is!