Allotment – small progress

I have started digging. Oh yes. And no surprises, it’s clay. In some places only 2 inches below the surface. When I’m lucky a bit deeper. It’s slow work, unearthing the huge clods and breaking them up. I can’t understand how this is possible on an allotment that’s been there for years. However, this is the way it is. I am going to get some manure to help improve the soil.

In the meantime I have started pegging out the weed suppressing fabric on the paths and have planted my first things. 5 raspberry canes (Glen Ample) and 1 Blackcurrant bush. I have more fruit on order so hopefully I will get them in soon. It’s a small start but a good one :). More soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s