I haven’t been down to the allotment for ages, so firstly a surprise – my garlic has all sprouted (woo-hoo, my first things that look like they are growing!)
We went down to build my raised beds. This has proved more costly that I expected, and I’m a bit nervous still as it’s my first year of allotmenting so it still feels a bit risky!
In the end I went for 6 kits, 1m sq, and 30cm deep. They were super easy to put together, only taking a few minutes each. So no drilling or nails or cursing…. they were £24 each. I also bought liners at £5 each, which I stapled to the sides and I need to cut some holes them as it turns out they hold water like a swimming pool (it turns out).
Anyway – here’s step 1, building the beds.