Ready to go with my next batch of seeds. I am not using those dried plugs this time, as I found they always wanted to revert to their dried state so if didn’t help the plants one bit – back to compost and a variety of plugs / pots. I’m also not using those wooden plant labels, as they rotted really quickly. Good for the environment but not so good for working out the best varieties. This year I’ve got various colourful plastic ones which should be reusable and they brighten up the place too. Anyway, today’s plantings:
- Tuscan Kale
- Mange Tout – Shiraz / Oregon Sugar/ Golden Sweet / Carouby de Maussane (my favourite with pretty flowers and nice sweet pods)
- Courgette – Striato di Napoli
- Pumpkins / Squash – Munchkin / Early Butternut / Crown Prince (that beautiful blue/ grey one) and some very old Jack O’Lantern / Rouge Vif d’Etampes/ Sweet Dumplings – not sure if any of those will germinate but will give it a go.
- Nicotiana – Whisper
- Love in the Mist – double white
- Sunflower – Claret / Titan
- Lupin – Snow Pixie
- Limonium Suworowii
- Poppy – Venus
- various Marigold
More to plant but it nice to see all the seeds trays and inspect them for progress.