As we’ve been away I’ve fallen behind a bit on my allotment posts. So this is a bit of a round up 🙂 .
Firstly I got hold of some collapsable raised beds from Primrose for the beans. I have hung a climbing net from the scaffold poles left by the previous occupants, so they would have something to climb up. The sweetcorn has also gone in. And some Globe Artichokes. Oh and I’ve put the tagetes in between the beans to ward of black fly.
Mick also gave me some savoy cabbages so I’ve put those in with the other brassicas.
In the garden I’ve been potting on, with quite a bit more to go.
I was feeling very smug.
Mmm – not so smug now! When I next went to put in my replacement raspberry canes (Tulameen), I discovered that all my Butternut squash, and half my pumpkins had been eaten by the slugs 😮 .
I have protected the pumpkins with cloches for now, and got some copper tape to see I can could limit the damage. I also ordered some firmer copper bands which will stand up on their own and are reusable (but much more expensive). Anyway – enough for now, but more soon.